Sunday 15 September 2013

Debs + College

On Thursday, the 5th of September I had my debs. This is the Irish version of a prom. I went with my lovely friend Ross, and sat with some of my best friends and their lovely dates for the night. We were dancing too, of course. ;) It was well awesome although the food wasn't the nicest! The debs was held in Vanity Nightclub in Monaghan. It was cool going out of the county for a while!

This is myself and Ross being dinosaur monstery things!

Last Monday I went to another debs. It was one of my best friend Shannon's (not as her date though, as someone elses) and it was great too. I met some truly lovely and charming people. To be honest, it was funny going to what was essentially a school reunion and not really knowing anybody!

 I have no pictures of that night at the moment, but when I do I'll stick them up here! :)

At my debs I won the award for "most likely to be famous." Although I was involved in the voting for the other categories (and may have nominated myself - which is perfectly acceptable), I can assure you that I did not choose myself to win. I got a medal. I'm so proud!

Would that achievement be acceptable for a tv/radio presenters resume? I doubt it, but maybe it would be.

Last Wednesday I 'began' college. It was just an induction day. I'm attending one of the DIT campuses to study Film & Broadcasting with Irish, which sounds exciting. Plus the following afternoon I received my student ID card, in which I look an absolute state. Oh well. Nothing I can do now! It suddenly is just like "oh wow, I'm actually in college" because I received that card. I don't feel like I'm in college, but I'm pretty sure that on Monday morning I will. I'm excited! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment