Friday 2 May 2014

I'm a Blogger Now (Again)

In a bid to avoid my horrifically boring and difficult college work, I've decided to restart my blog. I've recently come to love making YouTube videos again - a few months back it began to feel like a chore - so I've decided to give blogging a go again for a couple of reasons. I can't really say that I was into it much beforehand, but after seeing how forgetful I am for one thing (you really have no idea) and how great fellow Krank.ie contributor Vicky Kavanagh's blog is, I've realised that a blog could come in handy.

First of all, I am terribly forgetful. Anybody who knows me in real life will be able to vouch for this. Often I can't commit to plans because "that date sounds like a day where there's something on." Usually there's not, but I may double-book myself one day. Who knows. But anyway, in a bid to stop being forgetful and to start remembering things, I am now blogging. I want to actually be able to remember things in the future, such as what I've done and who I've done them with. 

Journaling wasn't for me, although I did try. I have a journaling* app called Day One on my iPad, which I even set to remind me to write in it twice a day. That didn't work. I've tried vlogging, although editing was always a pain. I have only ever completed a whole of one vlog. I did plan on putting random vlogging footage from the past year up during the summer (I was so excited for my London ones), but my external hard drive broke recently, with everything on it. Devastated is not the word. Now I'll have to restart from scratch! 

My life isn't exactly interesting enough to vlog anyway. Generally I go to college, go home or to my Nanas, go onto the internet and sleep. That's it. I might do some exercise too, but nobody wants to see the sweaty aftermath of that.

The second reason is because I like to write. I write not-so regularly on Medium, but often on my iPad. I may as well use some of that creative energy for things that I can share with the world, right? *...silence...* Well I thought it was a good idea!

So, that's why I'm here. I'm going to blog. Really this is me procrastinating. I've a lot of college work to do and probably not enough time to do it. Silly me wasted my two weeks off for Easter in the ultimate procrastination session. In fairness I did start one essay, I'm on my fourth page of a short story (sure I already had two done but whatever) and I did some work on my YouTube channel, so I'm doing well for me.

Uhm, so yeah. That's it. Bye?

*journaling probably isn't a real word.

No comments:

Post a Comment